!!! SOLD !!!
North Saddle Caye is one of Belize’s prime travel hotspots right now is the southern coastal town of Placencia, offering visitors the perfect mix of Caribbean village atmosphere and a selection of upscale modern venues and amenities. Best of all, Placencia has excellent proximity to the surrounding offshore Cayes, the rainforest and the coral reef, making it the perfect jumping off point for both island adventurers and investors.
Few private islands in the area have been developed to the stylish standards of North Saddle Caye. The island is located just 45 minutes east/northeast of Placencia. The island has been featured on a recent edition of HGTV’s popular “Island Hunters” series, North Saddle Caye is approximately a ten-acre beauty which includes the 66-foot easement along the water. The unique C shape gives this unique paradise its own protected lagoon. A rarity for an island of this size, the lagoon is approximately 75 ft. wide, 15 ft. This beautiful lagoon is both deep large and deep enough to accommodate multiple sea vessels well in excess of the 240 feet in length. In addition to the secure lagoon for boating access, there’s also a helipad for helicopter landing.
Onshore, North Saddle Caye, the structures on the island are as follows:
- The Caretaker House is a fully equipped house with
- Two bedrooms
- One bathroom
- An open floorpan which includes a full kitchen and approximate 1,100 sqft. living area
- Deck space at entrance
- The Guest House is designed to accommodate guests and give them some privacy while visiting.
- Approximately 1,100 sqft.
- Two bedrooms – both bedrooms have infrastructure for AC ready. AC is not currently installed.
- Two bathrooms including shower and door out to individual outdoor showers
- Open living room with dinette kitchen
- Deck space at entrance
- The Two Main Houses are identical, spacious and airy villas with 20-foot vaulted ceilings
- Approximately 2,400 sqft each
- The open floorpan includes a huge living room and an open kitchen with lots of counter and cabinet capacity
- Dining area that comfortably seats 10
- A relaxation area
- TV/entertainment area and an office desk.
- All interiors are custom-built, including cabinetry, tables etc
- Sliding window-wall panel doors to the ocean that gives a nice view and open air throughout the house. The wall-to-wall glass sliding doors are capable of withstanding winds of up to category 4 hurricane level.
- Two Bedrooms with AC
- Two bathrooms including double sinks, shower and door out to individual outdoor shower.
- Dishwasher, stove, fridge etc.
- Huge deck space.
Boathouse (approximately 3,300 sqft.) Built with concrete blocks and steel roof structures.
- Laundry Room
- Water Maker Room
- Reverse osmosis water maker system.
- Water storage capacity under the boathouse is approx. 40,000 gallons divided into two concrete tanks.
- Water treatment system with UV filtration of all water distributed throughout the island.
- Solar Room
- New solar system from Tesla was installed November 2019.
- Roof has 153 solar panels to ensure good electric capacity.
- A backup diesel generator yielding 40kW.
- Generator Room
- Huge Storage Room to accommodate jet skis, boats, diving equipment etc.
- Air compressor
- One house with five bedrooms
- One house with one bedroom and bathroom
- A separate building with two showers and separate toilets
- A kitchen building
The structures were built to host the workers during the construction period and have not been used after the island was accomplished. The buildings need upgrades. These structures can host island workers if considering an island rentals business.
In terms of utilities, North Saddle Caye is fully self-sustaining and off the grid. It has its own 153-panel solar energy system positioned on top of the boathouse which supplies the villas and cottages all of their 110V needs. There’s also a backup diesel generator yielding 40kWh. The two reverse osmosis water systems can each generate 1,800 gallons a day, and a separate rainwater purification system is also included to supply fresh water to the underground 11,000-gallon water tank. The island’s four sewage systems are each capable of handling up to 500 gallons per day.
North Saddle Caye’s massive 240-foot sea wall which is quite unique for islands in the area, makes its deep natural lagoon an incredible place for swimming, drop fishing, world-class snorkeling, or just relaxing on a custom-made lounge chair while soaking up the glorious Caribbean sun.
For inquiries regarding current property listings, property sales, or other services offered by us or our partners please, contact us
View Our Available Properties
Islands For Sale
- 40+ Developed acres
- 8 Homes (2 Caretaker Houses)
- Septic System, Solar Power
- Seller Financing Available
- 19.2 Acre
- Perimeter water depth range 1ft – 20ft deep
- Located within the “the Pelican range”
- Island Development Opportunity
- 4.39 Acres
- Most of the property is filled about 2ft.
- 1Br Wooden House on South End
- Development Opportunity
- 10 acres
- 4 Homes (1 Guest House, Worker’s Quarters)
- Boat House
- Solar Power & Water Purification
Hotels, Resorts & Commercial Properties For Sale
- 19 Rooms Total / 32 Bathrooms
- Operating Restaurant
- On-site Parking Garage
- Option to make a Boutique Hotel
Land & Lots For Sale
- Parcels can be sold separately
- Utilities Readily Available
- Can Be Used For Commercial Or Residential
- 0.98 acre
- North East end of Spider Caye Island
- Development Opportunity
Residential Property For Sale
- 2 Story with Complete Living Quarters
- 2 BR/ 1 Ba Each
- 2,500 Sqft
- 0.95 Acre Lot
- 167 ft of beach frontage
- 2 Story w/Apt on each level
- (2) – 2 Bedroom / 1 Bath
- 2 Lots Included
- Buildable Lot In Front
- In Malacate Beach Development
- Boat Access & Sea Views
For inquiries regarding current property listings, property sales, or other services offered by us or our partners please, contact us.
Read the Latest Post on our Blog Living Luxuriously